Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > The Dawg Pound

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2017, 12:41 PM   #3

I have memories of the "Good-ole-days"... Amal carbs with the slide stuck open, buying drive chain at local machine-shop, Lucas electrics, running tires until they were no longer tires. If you needed parts, only chance for "in-stock" was a motorcycle junkyard, for electronics you better know an automotive interchange or easy to modify.

Still have an old pair of engineer boots with a 530 "Master Link" attached. Removing links to continue using a worn-out chain, Flopping sprockets when they were worn, running them until they were no longer sprockets. Of course, this was a time when "gas station attendant" was a viable career choice... and no one cared if you "wanted fries with that."

Admittedly, I still modify parts for custom applications, mostly to stay in practice and because I like the challenge. Since attaining the age of Social-Security, convenience/dependability is most important... late model Tacoma pick-up and more often ride FXBB Softail Street Bob than home-built Softail Bobber.

But... sitting in the shop, looking at my scoots, reminiscing about the "Old Days"... Yes I do!

Login or Register to Remove Ads