Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 03-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #91

If it's not one problem it's another. I'm putting the vacuum leak behind me until I get a new carb and air filter. But now I just found out why I'm getting bad gas milage. My back tire does not spin freely, I even loosened the cable with the nut. I pulled on it and wiggled it around making sure it wasn't hung up but that didn't help either.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #92

Wow take it back what is the name of the shop again? All these things should not be happening if a proper PDI was performed

Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing
Old 03-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #93

Not sure of the name of the shop. To be honest I don't think it even has a name. The guy kind of uses a old building that sells fireworks right next door. Listed on the title that I got in place of business I believe he used his name. They sell the bigger scooters. the type i got the atm's and four wheelers. all chinese. But yeah I will be seeing about taking it back for them to check out the back wheel tomorrow. hope I don't get another line about how it is natural for it to be like that. Because I go less than 50 miles on half a tank. I've tried looking online to see how much resistance a normal scooter tire should have for the rear but i can't find anyone spinning it by hand. Is it suppose to spin as easily as the front? When I attempt to spin it it automatically stops as soon as i realease my hand. in 98 percent of the full spin it's snug but the other 2 percent it gets tough.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #94

neither your idle or the rear wheel is normal. The idle may work itself out as it breaks in but a well set up bike idles smoothly with out any modulation in rpm. Tell the guy scootdawg said to quit giving you a line and fix it...

- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

Old 03-12-2013, 10:56 PM   #95

all cv carbs have that diaphragm

2010 Cpi Oliver 70cc, naruku trans kit, downhill handle bars, tecnigas rsll pipe, s6 4g rollers, Vento R4 with 90cc 1e52qmf technigas next r 100cc pipe Naruku, 21mm race carb, s6 4.5 g rollers

Old 03-12-2013, 10:59 PM   #96

The rear wheel has the belt and cvt there, that provides some resistance.
The CVT will not allow the rear wheel to spin freely, however you can spin it by hand, but it'll probably stop spinning after a second or so....

If the rear really feels like it's 'braking' try to release the rear brake somewhat.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:47 PM   #97

Thanks guys. Ya I tried telling the mechanic that my cuz has basically the same scooter and his don't idle like mine. Yet he insisted that they were different even though the owner told me they were the same the day I bought mine. The tire stops immediately after I let go. I loosened the cable near the tire. What or where else can I adjust it? The brake handle doesn't go forward any further. Oh and the name of the shop where I bought it and had it worked on is called vw company in shelburn Indiana. I'm starting to wonder if i can get my money back. Less than 100 miles on it and bought it 8 days ago.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #98

too many probably too early take it back and tell them to fix it, give your money back or have them give you a new one
hoca big valve head 16/50 gears
9.25 gram dr pulley sliders koso variator 1.5k torque spring
orange coil orange unlimted cdi
uni filter
gates premium belt
2012 taotao vip cy50a scrappys 110cc big bore kit 52mm "88cc"
100 main jet 38 idle iridium plug custom paint, leds and decals alarm system
naraku hd crankshaft
Old 03-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #99

have you change the gear oil that comes with crappy oil in it also but, I hope the dealer will help you most of the time the dont

2010 Cpi Oliver 70cc, naruku trans kit, downhill handle bars, tecnigas rsll pipe, s6 4g rollers, Vento R4 with 90cc 1e52qmf technigas next r 100cc pipe Naruku, 21mm race carb, s6 4.5 g rollers
Old 03-13-2013, 10:24 AM   #100

No I haven't changed the gear oil. The back tire also has a wobble to it like maybe a bad drum brake? like how I mentioned earlier that for 2% of the spin it gets tough. But I'm taking it back to them today. To do one of the three things you mentioned. This time it wont be leaving their shop until it acts like a NEW scooter.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #101

The tire can wobble somewhat, they're chinese tires, not made under a fine tolerance. just as long as the metal part of the wheel/drum doesn't wobble, it should be good.
One thing you can do, is try to remove the rear tire, and see if perhaps the drum compartment got damaged?

If the brake lever feels loose (you've loosened the cable quite something), the brakes should not be slipping.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:17 AM   #102

its a new bike you shouldn't have to touch it or check anything in the first 30 miles. Not that you shouldn't check everything just that when you do it should all be good. Take it back and don't touch anything and give them a reason to void the warranty.

- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

Old 03-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdsj View Post
No I haven't changed the gear oil. The back tire also has a wobble to it like maybe a bad drum brake? like how I mentioned earlier that for 2% of the spin it gets tough. But I'm taking it back to them today. To do one of the three things you mentioned. This time it wont be leaving their shop until it acts like a NEW scooter.
I've never messed with a scooter engine, but I know Urals. Ural brake drums tend to be machined a tad off center and will get tighter/looser as they rotate, which gives a mild surging sensation during braking. Just food for thought.

JMHO, but I think if I was having that much weirdness, I'd just spring for a new carb. At least then you could mark off the most complicated of the possible issues. Sounds like you purchased from a shady "dealership" that did no more than finish bolting it together (which is a common problem, no?).

~SM

Last edited by Swordsman; 03-13-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #104

Hey everyone. Sorry I ended up just taking it back to get my money back. The lady that issues the checks will be in tomorrow so I'll get my money then. So I'm sorry I took up everyone's time. I appreciate all the help I got. Thank you.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:58 PM   #105

So are you looking for another...?

- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

Tags
chinese, tao, vip