Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 10-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #1

Honda Ruckus

Has anyone ridden a Ruckus by Honda? I've been tempted to buy one in the past but I have not pulled the trigger yet. I did ride one at a friend's once. It handles perfectly. I really like the looks of it. What do you think of the Ruckus?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-23-2013, 09:00 AM   #2

I own a Big Ruckus, and it's an excellent machine. The Zoomers I've ridden around with all seem like excellent quality also. Theres a few tricked out ones around that really are beautifully crafted.
Like anything Honda, more expensive than some other Asian brands.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #3

I've ridden my friend's 49cc Ruckus many times and put a lot of miles on it. They are great little scoots but power is greatly lacking. I weigh 175 lbs. and it gets me around pretty well with a top speed on level ground of almost 35 mph.

As you know, they are whisper quiet and run smooth as silk. He calls it his "magic carpet". I almost bought one myself but in the end, the lack of power caused me to back out.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-07-2013, 12:29 AM   #4

A buddy of mine just bought one after having two China scoots fizzle out . I like the styling of the Ruckus , the headlight was far more brighter than many scooters , even though it has 10 inch rims the tires are quite wide ( I call them doughnuts ) , the ride was excellent as I could ride with no hands ( not suggesting others try it ) with no worries . It was brand new less than 100 miles so I did not get on it too much , but it was wimpy compared to my TaoTao ATMa with a " secret 63 " that had been upjetted and lighter rollers . I told him it surely needs lighter weights as it so slow on take off and uphill and it felt too lean when I would be at WOT for a short bit . It cost 2,400 but it should last for a very long time . I had a Honda Spree 2T with a 90cc engine instead of the stock 50cc and it was a beast , rode and handled so good and never had a single issue not even a burned out bulb . I bought it wrecked from a rich kid so I replaced the forks and front tire . I cleaned the airfilter and changed the gear oil . Other than that I only put in gas and oil and enjoyed it like a wild teenager since I was 18 . I have had several pedal and peg style mopeds and a stock Honda Elite but I rode the Spree the most . The Spree was also the first scooter I ever rode and it was so weird to me with the shorter tires and wheelbase . Being only used to my Hondas to use as a database I got the scooter bug real bad when I was putting 80 a week in gas in my van . I bought a TaoTao ATMa from a local dealer since he was the closest , had best price and longest warranty . From the start I hated it . I did not get a 1/4 of a mile before taking it back since the front tire had such a knot it bounced way too much to ride . The ride of it was no where near like my Hondas and the headight was so weak it was just above a candle at night in the country .

The Ruckus is LC which is liquid cooled which is a plus since most are AC air cooled . I thought it was odd that it only had cabled drum brakes on F&R instead of at least a disc brake on the front like the majority do . I only like disc since they stop better , way easier to service and do not squeak which annoys me . My Spree only had drums too and with over 10k hard miles it still had the factory brake shoes .

If I was in the market for a 4T 50 and had the cash yes I would get one since Honda is of a much higher quality than the China scoots . The advantage of the China scoots is they are so easy to find parts both stock and aftermarket like a BBK where genuine Honda parts will cost so much more