Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 02-08-2015, 12:42 PM   #1

LMAO Gy6 150cc won't start.... not another one!

Welp, got my first scooter it is a VIP Future Champion 150cc and I bought it knowing it wouldn't start thinking hey, it's a simple engine, well after about 2 weeks of doing everything I can find to do I can't get it running, it has a new cdi, new plug, new plug wire,new carb, fresh 93 octane gas, just adjusted the valves and timing, I've tried playing with the fuel to air ratio,the idle, nothing, it will turn over, occasional back fire, but wont start. It doesn't have am exhaust on it and I have taken off the air box to make it easier to work on. Please help. I've cleaned the carb thoroughly also.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-08-2015, 12:45 PM   #2

It has spark and air and fuel and compression, I tested the fuel by taking off the hose to the carb amd watching it spurt out when cranking, tested the spark by grounding out to the block, and tested compression by putting my finger over the spark plug hole and feeling it push against it, I don't have a psi tester nor can I afford one
Old 02-08-2015, 02:03 PM   #3

While you had the plug out you should spray starting fluid into the plug hole and tried starting it. If nothing happens you really don't have spark. If it starts and dies there's a fuel problem.
2009 MC-114 50cc Cub Clone- 4,317 miles
twowheeler.yolasite.com/

That's 30,049 China Scootin miles and Counting.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:00 PM   #4

I tried that, it didn't help, when I took off the carb and sprayed starter fluid directly into the intake it spit out fire so I have a good spark, I think it might be compression some where
Old 03-13-2015, 12:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back_Slash View Post
I tried that, it didn't help, when I took off the carb and sprayed starter fluid directly into the intake it spit out fire so I have a good spark, I think it might be compression some where
I'd rip the carb apart and give everything a good cleanings, make sure all the jets are clear etc, sounds to me like maybe a stuck float or your jets are plugged