Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 07-08-2015, 10:22 AM   #1

Question Someone in Maryland

I really need some help with one getting my clutch off and two figuring out why it wont stay running with the belt and bogging out. But when the belts off runs smooth but won't move cause the belts not on kms

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-09-2015, 07:52 AM   #2

Looks like Scooter Geek, is in your area.
I broke a belt coming back from North Carolina, a few weeks ago.
When I was taking the variator plate off, the roller weights had become all jumbled up, not resting in the ramps the way they should be.
I'm not saying it can not be done, but unless you have a variator tool or a strap wrench or an impact wrench, those 2 nuts, (variator and the clutch) can be a bitch to get off....for good reason.
I used a 3/8 Dewalt Impact and it just had enough power to remove the nuts, but it had to whap them for a few minutes to break them free.
Be very careful installing them, as some have twisted off the nut, not realizing how much power the impact produced, when reinstalling.
I have no idea why you got the issues you have, maybe broken clutch springs, maybe jumbled up weights, but it sounds like you'll need a shop or place where you can use their tools.
I'm very lucky to have a full service manual available for my Big Ruckus. Everything is laid out step by step for the most part.
Good luck.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:01 AM   #3

This download is nice to have saved on your computer. If you're going to own a Chinese scooter, you will surely use it more than once.

The area you are having problems with now, starts on page #36. Sounds to me as though your variator was not reassembled just right. See if this helps.

www.familygokarts.com/manuals/ace/arrow150_engine_service_manual.pdf

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-10-2015, 02:13 PM   #4

I got them off use a strap wrench and breaker bar have an impact but it wa da NT enough torque. Well how do I know I the clutch is bad. When it was running the old belt broke. Now I have a new one. And its runs way to hot. Plus it Boggs down only with the belt on