Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 10-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #1

SYM RV 200-Dressed for her first dance !

Took the RV200 to Daytona last week. Decided to "dress her up" like I will for longer trips. The saddlebags are SEDICI Toscana Saddlebags and the roll bag is a Bikers Friend Med-large. I had the bags from other scoots so I made them work in the RV.

Truth is with the huge under seat storage and the Bikers-friend it won't be often ill need the saddlebags. She's a bit of a "wide-azz" with the saddlebags.

Without saddlebags (my day to day setup)

The scoot preformed even better than I had hoped. I took A1A and RT 1 on the way down but on the way back I did the last 50 miles or so on I95. She ran with traffic with enough power left for passing. Wind wasn't bad and neither was buffeting from trucks. Vibration was minimal considering the thumper was spinning at 8000rpm.

She did very well holding speed going over large, tall bridges but throw in a stiff wind and you are about out of throttle. 171cc has its limits use your momentum wisely.

I reset the GPS trip meter before I got on 95 and turned it off when I got off Rt202. Total 67 miles, average speed 67.3 and a max speed of 73.9. I kept and eye on the GPS and 70mph and 8000 rpm the motor didn't seem to be complaining.

Fuel consumption was 70 mpg. That surprised me.

I was also impressed with the overall balance and tuning of the suspension. Road cracks even at speed are little problem nor were bumps. The scoot also ran like it was on tracks, very sure footed for relatively small wheels.

With the huge flat floor and useable foot-forward foot rests there's a ton of room to move the feet around. Want to sit upright in classic scoot fashion ? Go for it ! How about foot forward "Cush" cruising, no problem with the low wide seat. Cross your legs ? Sure plenty of room.

In town it's still light and compact enough to "toss around" like a small scooter.

I'm a reasonable old gimp when I make these assessments. I'm not comparing it to a Swing or a big Burgman. (Although I think its a world better than the 200). I look at its design purpose and try to judge from there.

It's not what most would consider a "touring" scooter but I would have no problems taking it in the road.

Ill call it a "mini-maxi".

Be Big,
AMAC

SYM RV200 Evo
Lance "Cali Classic" 125
MC-95-250 Reverse Trike

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/amac1680/rv200-evo

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by amac1680; 10-19-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:04 AM   #2

Purdy! Syms are becoming contenders, soon they will be on the "b" list ( though having seen and riden the 2012 and 2013 bikes, I'd say they already are).

4T 150cc 157 qmj

24mm carb w 115 main jet and paper cone air filter

Manual petcock w Tygon fuel lines

Scrappy Dog Scooters Retro-slash stainless straight-thru exhaust

RED spring clutch

Adjustable CDI (brand unknown, it's blue and red and works great!)

KOSO high performance variator w 12g sliders

Gates Powerlink 835-20-30 belt

GPS verified 65mph on flats.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #3

Very nice. Sharp! Love the saddle bags!

Login or Register to Remove Ads