Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 3-Wheeled Scooters

Old 08-10-2018, 10:36 PM   #1

So my wife is getting a trike...

My wife learned on a Genuine Buddy 125 with a Tow-Crap, I mean Tow-Pac kit. She then purchased a Can-Am Spyder. What a bear to ride and service. Heat from motor, noisy and thirsty. She traded it in on a car. I thought she was over riding but I guess the bug came back. We ended up buying a Honda Silverwing (07 w/23k) with some minor issues. Leaking fork seal, worn out front tire and some other minor stuff but we felt good about the purchase price ($2600) and overall condition. So how is this a trike? She ordered a Motor Trike kit and is having it converted. We looked at a few Ice Bear trikes and she just wasn't feeling it. She wants to go on the highway and ride to work, 70 miles each way! Going to be interesting to say the least.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-06-2019, 04:07 PM   #2

Scooter---If you're not satisfied with the factory Trikes (I wasn't) try a DMC Trike Kit. I have one on my bike & can highly recommend it. of course it was a full size bike to start with so I don't know what the difference would be but the workmanship is very good! I don't know what they have for scooters.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:53 AM   #3

I've been riding her Motor Triked Silverwing to work. Not my thing but its actually kinda fun to ride. I have a terrible feeling her hands are not gonna be strong enough to stop it. Her first major ride we'll find out. If she cant stop it safely then a Ryker (by Can-Am) may be next. Or a Mazda Miata. Since she got the trike she has retired from work. No long commutes, no mandatory being there during snow storms and no need for a all-wheel drive car. Just hobbies now.

Login or Register to Remove Ads