Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 11-03-2015, 07:57 PM   #1

A New/Old Ride

I don't like to air my private life so I haven't mentioned it here. If you go to the other forum you might have seen it. Six weeks ago, after an almost two year battle with a truly vile form of cancer my wife passed away at the age of 56. It was heartbreaking to watch.

http://www.zachariasfuneralhome.com/...y9syE.facebook

Before she left I told her that when she passed I would 1) Buy another motorcycle and 2) Take a good long ride to clear my head. Today I brought home Vow #1.

I have always loved the UJMs (Universal Japanese Motorcycles) of the 80s. No fancy Science, just elemental brutes. This bike has 42,000 and still makes Kick-Butt power for me. I name all my bikes and this one will have one that I will keep to myself. Vow #2 will take place next Spring or Summer.
2009 MC-114 50cc Cub Clone- 4,317 miles
twowheeler.yolasite.com/

That's 30,049 China Scootin miles and Counting.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by kz1000st; 11-11-2015 at 06:21 PM.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:52 AM   #2

May you find some peace man.
That looks to be a fine machine.
I never dreamed a machine could help me cope with parted loved ones, but it has.
Ride well man.
Best to you.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz1000st View Post
I don't like to air my private life so I haven't mentioned it here. If you go to the other forum you might have seen it. Six weeks ago, after an almost two year battle with a truly vile form of cancer my wife passed away at the age of 56. It was heartbreaking to watch.

http://www.zachariasfuneralhome.com/...y9syE.facebook

Before she left I told her that when she passed I would 1) Buy another motorcycle and 2) Take a good long ride to clear my head. Today I brought home Vow #1.
My condolences

I have always loved the UJMs (Universal Japanese Motorcycles) of the 80s. No fancy Science, just elemental brutes. This bike has 42,000 and still makes Kick-Butt power for me. I name all my bikes and this one will have one that I will keep to myself. Vow #2 will take place next Spring or Summer.
My condolences to you! I personally don't know what I'ld do without my wife! We've been married over 50yrs & finish each others sentences. Hang in there! I know what you mean by older bikes. My bike of choice is a late 60s/early 70s Triumph 650 with a 010 overbore , an 8" over extension & a hardtail! I have built many of them! Many people don't realize that a 750 is just a 650 with a bigger bore. Same cams , valves , etc. Irish

Old 11-05-2015, 08:17 AM   #4

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Jim. My condolences to you, and the rest of your family. It was hard enough dealing with that disease as it took my dad, and a few years later, my younger sister. It has to be much, much harder, when it's one's spouse. I can't imagine...

I wish you many miles of peace, and enjoyment on your new Kawasaki.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:13 PM   #5

Sorry for your loss. I hope restoring your bike and the ride helps you to recover. She must have been some woman, hoot my wife would still be fussing at me about the motorcycle from the grave.

Old 11-08-2015, 12:39 PM   #6

So sorry for your loss OP.
Cancer is truly terrible, my gf has lost her father to it and now my best friend is losing his mother to lung cancer.

After all the suffering they finally get to rest and go to a better place. No more pain...

I sincerely hope your new ride brings some fresh winds into your sails of life.
Ride safe and take care brother.
Old 11-11-2015, 03:53 PM   #7

Last Summer while travelling up the coast of California with a friend, we met a man from Kentucky on a road trip in his restored car ( I think it was a 60's something Ford) He and his wife had been planning a trip in that car when he retired. Unfortunately she passed about a year before his retirement. He put a new engine in the car, did it all over and was on the trip solo. He had a teddybear that his grandson gave him, and was taking pictures of the bear in various places and sending them back to his grandson. It was great to see someone finding their own way to move on from such a tremendous loss, much like you have. I'm sorry for your loss and wish you the best of luck with your new bike. Just know she will always be riding with you in spirit.