Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 07-28-2017, 01:37 PM   #1

Added this air filter to my Tao Tao Lancer 150.

There is a noticeable difference in power. Love it. Recommend it highly. Makes a cool sound too. You'll have to add some hose because there is a bar in the way on the Lancer's that prevent it from being attached directly to the carburetor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg performance air filter.jpg (7.2 KB, 14 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by Mäwby; 09-27-2017 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:52 AM   #2

I'm all for keeping a stock air filter but the snorkels flex a lot and split from what I've experienced. So it's aftermarket now, I ran into the same problem with my old JMStar blocking the aftermarket filter. I wound up using part of the snorkel and a pipe connector from Lowe's and that angled and extended it enough to put a nice large enough pleated dry paper new air filter I got from a 2nd shop. The old scooter gets plenty of clean fresh air now and no more split snorkels.
Old 07-29-2017, 02:48 PM   #3

I put a K &N air filter on my ride & I love it! Irish

Old 07-31-2017, 09:28 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
I'm all for keeping a stock air filter but the snorkels flex a lot and split from what I've experienced. So it's aftermarket now, I ran into the same problem with my old JMStar blocking the aftermarket filter. I wound up using part of the snorkel and a pipe connector from Lowe's and that angled and extended it enough to put a nice large enough pleated dry paper new air filter I got from a 2nd shop. The old scooter gets plenty of clean fresh air now and no more split snorkels.
I sort of did the same. I used some of the snorkel hose from the stock air filter set up. I also used three of the screw clamps. Two to attach the extra hose and connect the air filter to the carb, and the other clamp secure around the blocking bar and hose to keep the new air filter from shaking all over the place. The set up works very well.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:29 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
I put a K &N air filter on my ride & I love it! Irish
Nice!!!

Old 07-31-2017, 09:41 AM   #6

I forgot to mention that I had to add a slit into the added hose. There is a spot for a vacuum line on the stock snorkel, so I put the vacuum line into the slit I cut. It's in there nice and tight. No problems.