Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > The Dawg Pound

Old 08-19-2017, 09:57 PM   #1

Craziest ride you have been on?

You know that group ride you went on, the one that was so disorganized and crazy? Share them! Heres mine. So I get invited to go on a ride out with some other scooters. I show up to the guys house and quickly realize that I have the slowest scooter. The ride was supposed to do a 20 mile loop, stop for ice cream, and 20 miles back for a cookout. 14 riders total. All but 3 scoots are insane custom Rucks or Zuma 125's that go VERY fast. Other 3 are a Sprint with a 80cc bbk, a slightly custom 4 stroke 50cc Zuma and me-70cc 2 stroke RT50. We do the first part and its chaos as the fast scoots are blasting thru traffic with us pokey scoots catching up. Then we loose a rider. Find him and continue. Same blasting thru traffic, but loose 2 riders this time. Now, instead of ice cream a plan change. Problem? Only 4 people knew what the change was! Now into 2 lane country roads and the fast scoots are vanishing. Luckily, one breaks down. Problem? He has no idea were they are heading! Get his scoot running and try to catch up. Somehow we find them, but we now lost 3 riders! Then is was decided to head back for the cookout. Blast off, Im getting left behind and have no idea where I am! My friend breaks down and I go back for him, but the scoot is not fixable. Somehow his girlfriend found us and brought the tools needed AND showed us were we where on the gps. Never made it to the cookout. Yes, I would go riding with them again. It was really fun for some strange reason!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-20-2017, 02:08 PM   #2

Thumbs down

I won't say where in N.H. we were but my buddy & I snuck onto a new section of the turnpike that wasn't OFICIALLY open yet (no traffic) We were riding "choppers" with built-up engines. Lets just say that it included many miles of +100 speeds. I'm glad that we both quit drinking & lived to be old men (come to think of it , he's dead now) Irish
Old 08-20-2017, 07:32 PM   #3

Nice Irish! We used to slip into a empty airfield/landing strip to practice wheelies when I rode rocket bikes. Nothing like having the road to yourself!

Old 08-24-2017, 10:27 AM   #4

C'mon riders, NO CRAZY RIDES? I rode into work one day (16 miles each way) and everyone was really quiet for once, no clowning me for riding in the cold. I found out why that night-IT SNOWED! I had a Zuma bug-eye with knobby tires and it was terrifying! I did 15mph MAX the whole way. I also learned to NOT ride behind the snow plows and stay in the fresh snow for "max" traction. The plow guys thought it was pretty funny, as they were holding up their phones for video evidence of the dummy on the moped in the snow. I lived and learned to watch the weather after that butt puckering ride!
Old 08-28-2017, 11:41 AM   #5

Thumbs Up

The trouble is that (even at the age of 73) I'd probably do the same thing all over again! Irish