Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 07-24-2017, 12:36 PM   #1

New member, tinkering with a roundslide carb. Any OKO experts out there?

Hi everyone, I'm Nate. I recently bought 2 komodo ATVs, which had a 125cc and a 150cc gy6.

A little info about me, I'm 26, with an overactive brain which I focus on productive things. I've always been a tinkerer, and have focused a lot of my time on mechanics, and welding/fabrication recently.

I own a couple motorcycles, I've done all the work myself to them. The first bike I bought, I bought with a service manual. Broke the whole bike down, and rebuilt it. It still runs to this day!

On to the gy6...

I bought a 26mm oko roundslide carb for the 150,but ended up putting it on the 125. The Jets were originally ally 35 and 98,and the gy6 ran mostly perfect.

The problems I had were a barely noticeable idle flutter, and a small problem at wide open (almost seemed to lean out a bit).
Needle was clipped in the middle position.

I swapped Jets for fun, turned the mixture screw (which is located in the underside of the carb, making it impossible to tune, and went to a 40/105, and what a bad idea. I moved the clip up a spot to lean it out too. Fired it up cold, and the rpms shot up enough (with no choke) to turn the drive sprocket. I think that's over 3000rpm for the clutch?

I'm confused, because I would figure with the slide down so far, it wouldn't be able to rev so high.

Does anyone have a jet range for the 26mm slide carbs on a 125cc engine? Assume it's stock, although it's got an oiled foam filter and upgraded exhaust.

Also, what's a good spot to set the mixture screw? I have it 1.5 out right now.

I thought maybe the slide was stuck up somehow, so I'll check that out and see what's up.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-25-2017, 07:43 AM   #2

I don't know a thing about them.....but this guy seems to.... http://www.miniriders.com/carby-and-...latslides.html

Sure there are others out there on the web, that a quick search would turn up.