Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2015, 11:40 PM   #1

Battery appears to die when ignition key is turned on

I have a 2014 Roketa MC-46-150. Coming up on about a year of trouble-free riding.

A few weeks ago, while riding back to work, it looked like my turn signals weren't working. At the end of the day, when I turned the ignition to "On" the digital clock went blank, and the volt meter and fuel gauge did not move. Needless to say I couldn't start it. Left it at work over the weekend and on Monday it started miraculously. I've been riding it back and forth to work since then without any problems.

Yesterday, after an uneventful ride home from work, I stopped off a few blocks from home to grab something to eat. Ten or fifteen minutes later, I got ready to go home. Clock was still showing the correct time. Turned the ignition key to "On." Clock goes blank, fuel and volt gauge do not budge. Turned the key back to "Off" and the clock came back on, showing "12:00." Turning the key to any other position does not seem to affect the clock, but "On" makes the clock look like the battery leads are disconnected. Haven't been able to start it since.

Today, I took out the ignition key switch and stripped it as far down as I could go. Didn't see any broken wires or anything. I've also been scouring YouTube but couldn't find any helpful videos.

Has anyone ever seen something like this? Any advice would be tremendously appreciated.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Tags
electrical, ignition key switch