Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 250cc +

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2014, 09:18 AM   #1

250cc 2008 JCL keeps stalling & won't start

PLEASE HELP. I'm desperate. I bought my 250cc JCL scooter in 2008 brand new and had a blast with it for about a year, putting about 7500 miles on it in that 1st year. Then I bought a Harley Sportster 883 and put my scooter away for awhile. After a broken ankle I decided to sell the Harley and start riding my scooter again. I bought a new battery to get it started and rode it to my service man for a complete tune up, oil change, etc. to get it road ready. When I would come to a stop, I would have to keep my hand on th throttle to keep it from stalling out. Now, after several months of him working on it, it is still the same. I even have a new guy checking it out, n he is also having problems getting it started and keeping it running. After several tries, he can get it started and it runs fine while on th middle kickstand but stalls and won't start again when he takes it off the middle kickstand (one of the same problems the first mechanic had). If either of them gets it started on the side kickstand and then gives it a shake from side to side, it will stall out again. Also, i never had to touch the throttle to get started when it was new, and now both mechanics say I have to give it some gas to get it to start. So far, I've had a new carb, new stador, new brakes and brake assembly, new fuel filter and another new battery put on by first mechanic. Now the second mechnic has put another new carb on it, replaced the CDI and a 3rd new battery, and now says he has ordered another new stador (assuming the 1st mechanic must hav gotten a bad carburetor, bad battery, bad stador, etc.. I've already paid out about $600 with the 1st mechanic with no results and I don't have another $600 to give the new guy to replace all the new parts. Please, please, please someone help me to help the mechanic by telling me what actually might really be wrong with the scooter.

Login or Register to Remove Ads