Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 07-06-2016, 08:24 PM   #1

Fuel lines to Carb and Oil injection line- HELP!!!

Hey guys- just got a 2003 Peugeot Vivacity 50cc a couple weeks ago from a guy that was moving and didn't wanna take the bike with him. It started and ran after I out new fuel and oil in it but would bog down when giving it gas. I replaced the Gurtner France carb with a $20 Kymco replacement from eBay. It ran great for a day (blew a little smoke for a bit). Went to start it the next day and it throttled hard for a bit before I had to turn it off. After that, it wouldn't start again. I played with the lines for a bit and am now totally lost- not sure if the lines were in the wrong place from the beginning or if I screwed them up after changing the carb. I can't find any help fuel lines, oil lines, and what goes where kinda stuff. If anyone can guide me as to what lines go where and whatnot, it'd be greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/a/SOZDM

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-06-2016, 10:33 PM   #2

So, you'll notice that you have two hoses going to the fuel petcock. The one coming out of the BOTTOM of the petcock should be connected to vacuum, which is typically a nipple on the intake manifold between the crankcase and the carburetor. The other line from the petcock is fuel and should be attached to whatever nipple on the carburetor goes to the float shutoff valve.

Also, be advised that when you try and start the bike for the first time after draining the carburetor, it can take up to 30 seconds of cranking for the float bowl to fill up enough to actually start the engine.

The other thing to do is make sure that you have a fuel filter on the fuel line, I didn't see it in any of your pictures. With a 2003 bike, the interior of the fuel tank has likely rusted, and its possible that the petcock's screening has deteriorated and lets rust into the carburetor, which can block passages.