Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > Forum News, Support & Feedback

Old 06-02-2016, 11:08 AM   #1

Forum activity low?

Looks like there are 6-7 different forums all with the same name 'scoot dawg' on the internet - people may be scattered around on these. How come these exist? Can't we get them removed from the SERPS if we are the 'original' scootdawg? DMCA/Trademark takedown notices.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-06-2016, 02:30 AM   #2

6 or 7, really? I had no idea. But yea, you would think Google would pick up on it.
Old 06-08-2016, 09:28 PM   #3

Most the forums I follow (motorcycles, motorized bikes, electric bikes, etc) are slower these days. I think the sluggish economy has a lot to do with it. Many people are working longer hours while making less money. I think the economy has more influence on these forums than fuel costs. Just my 2 cents.

Old 06-08-2016, 10:36 PM   #4

Being active is hard for me between being having a full-time job, full-time classes, and a full-time girlfriend, and making small trips across the states. I've been doing some exciting things to my little Chinese-but-now-mostly-Taiwanese 88cc scoot (Shoutout to user Bull for all the help!), and I really ought to share about it.

In regards to the activity of others. It seems forums in general just kinda fall by the wayside in favor of more popular platforms like Facebook, or Reddit. These platforms are just fine, but usually lack the solid direction that a good old-fashion forum gives you.

I used to be a part of a very active gaming group years ago. At any given time, our servers would almost always have about thirty people (across about four servers or so); nowadays, it's a ghost town for the admin and his friends at this point. :(

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it goes! I hope this forum stays alive. There are a lot of nice folks here.
- 12v Li-Ion Battery
- NGK Spark Plug Sticker (adds .01HP)

Finally able to overcome wind resistance and keep up with city traffic.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:06 PM   #5

I prefer forums like this to Facebook. People tell you a whole lot of things that you don't really want to know on Facebook.

Old 06-30-2016, 11:47 PM   #6

Forums are usually way more involved than FB groups which come and go with the wind. Established forums (like this one) are like pillars.
- 12v Li-Ion Battery
- NGK Spark Plug Sticker (adds .01HP)

Finally able to overcome wind resistance and keep up with city traffic.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:27 PM   #7

I am a good example. I received at Prima Stage 1 performance kit for my scoot last Thursday (exhaust, jets, rollers, torque spring). I would love to install the kit and post a thread about it, but I have a lot of deadlines at work and work a ton of hours to meet them. Tough to work on my scoot after putting in a 12 hour day with a long commute.
Old 08-15-2016, 12:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
I prefer forums like this to Facebook. People tell you a whole lot of things that you don't really want to know on Facebook.
My sentiments exactly! My wife must spend 1/2 of the day on Facebook I was on it for about 15mins. My youngest daughters husband got all pissed off because I friended her ex(nice guy but shitty father). I said-"Who needs this" & canceled out! Irish
Old 12-18-2016, 08:07 PM   #9

What it basically comes down to is the winter months.

Folks up north are not riding, and therefore not posting as much.
You will notice that people from the other side of the globe (from the US) are more actively posting now.
Wait till spring. They will come out of the woodwork, again.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:02 PM   #10

But people down south ride a lot more like east TN near DollyWood. Wife and I ride a lot here on our Ice Bear Zodiac's trikes.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:00 PM   #11

Lots of forums I frequent, and not just scooter but ones for model trains/garden railways, have all gotten slower, mostly due to the active ones going over to FB. Mike
Old 07-21-2017, 07:15 PM   #12

4 dollar gas would liven the scooter forum up. I'm hesitant to post links to youtube because it kills the forums but most of the questions here are better answered with a link to youtube. I suppose it's progress, but I like the interaction of the forums.
Old 07-22-2017, 12:52 PM   #13

I dont do FB, so the forums are my main way to contribute/share any useful or stupid info I may have with others. Around here scooters have exploded in population on the streets and I tell everyone I meet about this site. Guess its just the new generation? Bet if this was a cell phone only forum we would see high traffic all day/every day! So tired of seeing people staring at their phones..... They need to get a scooter and be part of the cool club! Sorry, my old man just came out and ranted! Get off my lawn you little punks!