Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 06-13-2022, 05:31 AM   #1

Car auction scooter on youtube

Probably more information on how not to trouble shoot and get them running then how to go about it properly but, here it is.

We Bought 6 Totaled Mopeds for $18 at an Abandoned Car Auction, Will they Run & Ride Again?...

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-13-2022, 10:12 AM   #2

I get offered mopeds for free every now and then. Everyone at work knows I own them. I pass. I'm not a used parts store, don't have the space or the free time to work on them. I hate working on MY daily rider. Heat, bugs and sweat.

I did go to a postal auction with a bunch of older dudes once. Here's what happened. You buy old postal Jeeps in lots of 4. So if you win the lot its the hammer price x 4. So me and the 3 other guys won at $300. That's now $1200 for 4 ratty Jeeps. I run and jump into the first Jeep and yell "Mine!'. Turns out I got the only automatic 6 cylinder in the lot! And also it had a left side seat in it. I kept it for around a year then sold it for $500 to a surfer. It got shipped to Africa and runs along the surf coast now. Those Jeeps drive like trash and get terrible fuel economy but it was super tough! Never left me stranded.