Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > The Dawg Pound

Old 06-16-2015, 09:16 AM   #1

You are right Irish, the engines were identical except for the dual carbs. At the time of purchase I simply could not afford the difference in price between the Tiger and the Bonnie.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-17-2015, 12:07 PM   #2

If any one has any questions about the "older" Triumphs , just ask. I went to the Triumph Factory school in the '70s. I got an A in mechanics & I stayed an x-tra week & took a course in Advanced Mechanics & got an A+ in that , so I know a little bit about them! Irish
Old 07-12-2016, 02:49 AM   #3

Here's one for you, Irish.
My uncle had bought a '71 Triumph 250, T25T, internet photo shown below. Before he moved out west, he gave it to me (needed a clutch). I used it ride it back and forth to school, except when it wouldn't start. I ended up selling it to pay for car insurance.
I wish I had it now ... it used to have such a cool sound.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-12-2016, 01:03 PM   #4

My last bike in NH was a chopped 71 Bonneville. My best friend bought it new in Conn & no one ever had a wrench on it but me! It makes a BIG difference when only someone that knows Triumphs is the only one that ever works on them! After I got done with the engine & chopping , I painted it Black Imron(sp?) with Kelly Green pin stripping. It was my Street Bike & it turned 12.2 in the 1/4. Not fast now but this was the '60s. Irish
P.S. That's also with an 8" over Ft End.
P.P.S. That's also when a Big back tire was a 5.10 X 16 Goodyear with a Harley Rim , custom spocked(sp)to a Triumph hub. Wider than that & the tire would rub on the chain! (These changes were submitted by Rube Goldberg)

Last edited by Irish; 07-12-2016 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Addition!