Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 11-11-2015, 12:09 PM   #1

Few problems with gy6 scooter...

Hello,
I have 75cc kit installed on a scooter.
Recently i changed carburator and air filter with sym orbit2 deni carb and airbox with paper filter.
I removed restriction screen from filter and jetted carb with 89main jet (same one i was running with stock carb).
Now the problem is that scooter sputters at take off.
If i try less air it sputters even more, if i try more air it sputters the same.
Auto enricher is 100% working.
There is a little sign of petrol in airbox, should i try smaller jet?

Now about roller weights.
I had 6g weights it and scooter was doing over 80kph, i wanted a little bit more so i installed 8g roller weights, now top speed is reduced to 68kph. This is against logic isnt it? What can be the problem?

Thank you for your time and anwsers

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-17-2015, 01:33 PM   #2

Try adjusting your low jet mixture screw... screwing it IN leans it out, screwing it OUT richens the mixture. You may not have a big enough low jet to even get the bike RUNNING. The main doesn't even come into play until you''re pretty much at WOT. A good way to test this is by spraying some starter fluid into the carb, see if it starts. If it does, you know your not getting enough fuel...

If it DOESN'T start, you can rule out fuel. Starter Fluid/Brake Cleaner is the SIMPLEST "test" for a non-start condition, that YOU think is fuel. IMO
Old 11-17-2015, 01:35 PM   #3

If your weights are TOO heavy, they'll never let the belt ride all the way up on the variator. You want to find that happy medium, where the bike is revving good still, but without losing a bunch of top end. Variator "Roller Tuning Kit" is the best way to knock this in the head.

Old 11-17-2015, 03:21 PM   #4

Help any??
Old 11-17-2015, 03:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotnVA777 View Post
Try adjusting your low jet mixture screw... screwing it IN leans it out, screwing it OUT richens the mixture. You may not have a big enough low jet to even get the bike RUNNING. The main doesn't even come into play until you''re pretty much at WOT. A good way to test this is by spraying some starter fluid into the carb, see if it starts. If it does, you know your not getting enough fuel...

If it DOESN'T start, you can rule out fuel. Starter Fluid/Brake Cleaner is the SIMPLEST "test" for a non-start condition, that YOU think is fuel. IMO
Hy, i tryed that with the screw, but there is no difference at all. Bike is starting good. thanks i will also try low jet from old carb to see i there is any difference, i hope that it fits

Old 11-17-2015, 03:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotnVA777 View Post
Help any??
Hello, thanks for anwser, i think that 6g is my happy medium, i will stick with those
Old 11-17-2015, 03:25 PM   #7

I also tryed to fit Malossi MHR filter and there is no difference at all.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:58 AM   #8

if you tried your original stock low jet you probably worsened your situation, try a BIGGER low jet and THEN adjusting your air/fuel mixture of course making sure the scooter is warmed up on the stand before you do so