Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 05-24-2021, 05:25 PM   #1

Safe way to sell my 49 cc scooter

Hi Everyone,
I think for me the time has come to sell my 49cc scooter. I'm leery to put it on Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist, I don't want to meet anybody that I don't know.

I had a bad experience one time selling a cell phone somebody that wanted to buy it. When I Googled his name I was able to see that he just got out of prison for robbery, theft and drugs.

I don't want to take that chance of meeting somebody that wants to do nothing but harm to you just to sell the scooter.

I called a couple scooter stores, one offered me $250 I paid $1,000 for it brand new last year.

It has 400 miles and in good shape I was hoping to get at least 500 or 600 for it.

Any ideas of where to list it would be great or any advice or suggestions thank you

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-25-2021, 01:02 AM   #2

If you do FB, Offer or C-List, meet them at a local police station to conduct the transaction. I have another friend who meets people at a local busy bank during business hours. Comes in extra handy if you need something notarized. Selling to a friend is another option but comes with the drama of something happening down the road and them saying you sold them a lemon. When I sell a used scooter its usually a referral from a friend or someone I've sold to before. Whats crazier is I sometimes have them come to my house to purchase. I'm either trusting or lucky.

Things to note. CASH IN HAND for a test ride. If they drop it, they bought it. Period. I rarely carry a gun as it seems to cause more trouble than good but I do carry pepper spray. Never had any issues that I needed either one. Have your title with you but NOT SIGNED until after the cash changes hands. If you loose a signed title on the way to sell your scooter (it happens) a big DMV mess will ensue. My friend has the buyer sign a "AS IS" paper but I've never bothered.

And yes, all dealers will low ball you if they make an offer. I had the same thing when I went to sell my ADLY. I covered it under my ADLY RT50 mini-review. I have done consignments thru a local dealer before but they were mostly higher end scooters or motorcycles. Things that usually require finance. I'm in no way a dealer, just an average hobbyists that resells scooter and motorcycles sometimes.

Good luck on your sale!
Old 05-26-2021, 04:16 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I decided to keep it.

I am going to get it serviced and keep it. It will be way too risky to sell & it is too bad there are no scooter stores close to me to sell on consignment. The only store 45 mi from me offered me 250.00 so um no....... I will keep it 435 miles on a 2020 for 250? Anyway, I am going to change the oil, gear oil, spark plug (due to age 15 months) and have it looked over to be sure nothing has worked loose and keep it.

Old 06-09-2021, 12:17 PM   #4

Good for you. If it's serving your needs and making you smile then it's worth more money than you can get for it.

Right now, though, the scooter market is nuts. Here's an example.

https://www.ctscooterpros.com/invent...06066-2465334i

I visited this place two years ago to see their operation. These scooters were sitting in crates, out back, piled three high while the high priced versions are kept nearby in a warehouse. So for the lowly sum of $1500, plus tax they will drag one out of the dirt and assemble it for you. But don't expect it to last more than a year before it breaks down. Check out their other prices.

Connecticut is a hot bed or scooters so they get away with it. While at the same time online sellers are running out of stock.
2009 MC-114 50cc Cub Clone- 4,317 miles
twowheeler.yolasite.com/

That's 30,049 China Scootin miles and Counting.
Old 10-27-2021, 04:20 PM   #5

Hello, if you want to sell your scooter in a safe way, I recommend that you contact resellers who specialize in such sales. They have their customers and they will also be responsible for your scooter, even if something goes wrong, you have to get your money back. There is another interesting way. Sometimes there are days when both shopping and sales are really unlucky, personally, before making any purchase, I look at the catalog of numbers at https://www.sunsigns.org/angel-number-888-meaning/. Thus, I can find out which number is successful for me and on this day I make a purchase.

Last edited by Rekik; 10-28-2021 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-03-2023, 08:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekik View Post
Hello, if you want to sell your scooter in a safe way, I recommend that you contact resellers who specialize in such sales. They have their customers and they will also be responsible for your scooter, even if something goes wrong, you have to get your money back. There is another interesting way. Sometimes there are days when both shopping and sales are really unlucky, personally, before making any purchase, I look at the catalog of numbers at https://www.sunsigns.org/angel-number-888-meaning/. Thus, I can find out which number is successful for me and on this day I make a purchase.
I sold my Peugeot scooter for 1212 yesterday!