Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 05-27-2015, 05:12 PM   #1

Headlight Assembly for Forever (or Rowdy) 150

I have a Puma Forever 150 (essentially the same as the SSR Rowdy 150). Recently I cracked the cover of the headlight. It's rectangular and approx 4.5" x 7".

Unfortunately, I could not get just the replacement cover. I called the dealer where I bought it and they can't get the cover alone, just the entire assembly. For roughly $100. (FWIW, the cover is made by "RongTA", but I can't find anything about them online to get the cover from them directly.)

I tried to reach the manufacturer (Puma Cycles), but the mfr.'s website is down and their phone is disconnected. So I called SSR, who has a nearly identical bike, and they don't sell the cover either. They do have the full headlight assembly, but the wiring is slightly different. They will sell me the part, but it will be a final sale - no returns. It's $45 from SSR, which, it turns out, is the same place my Puma dealer gets its replacement parts.

As you can see on the pic of the front of the bike, there are two lights. A large one in the center and a small one in the lower left (as you look at the bike). The small one has two wires - a brown and a green ground wire. (See the pic of the small light with two wires).

The SSR headlight assembly comes with the lights in it. The wires match up for the center light, but the smaller one is missing the ground wire. (See the pic with the hello kitty folder - the small light only has the brown wire coming out).

My question is what to do with the ground wire from the bike? Do I try to attach it to the small light on the SSR assembly? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Full Assembly for Puma.jpg (61.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg New Headlight (SSR).jpg (88.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Small light from Puma assembly.jpg (77.8 KB, 4 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Tags
150cc gyc, forever, puma, rowdy, ssr