Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 08-13-2016, 11:12 AM   #1

Verucci 150?

Last week I picked up a non-working 2007 Verucci 150 for cheap. I did a little cleaning of the fuel system and it now runs pretty good. It starts easy, idels well and top speed is 65 Mph. On the down side, there is some hesitation in acceleration at about 30 to 40 Mph. There is also some substantial rattling in either the transmission and/or muffler on deceleration. Are these just faults of the beast or is there anything that can be done to correct the problems?
Any thoughts?

Thanks

Randy

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-14-2016, 08:02 AM   #2

I would yank the covers off to swap the rollers, and belt. you may have some flat spots on the rollers, and the belt has to be 10 years old.
Pushing it out to 65, will be fun for while, then the tinkering will begin, adjusting valves, and what not.
Old 08-14-2016, 04:53 PM   #3

Thanks for responding, I will give the belt and rollers a check. It appears that the speedo is a little optimist. I checked the speed with my GPS. 65 is closer to 45 😡
I have another question about the oil dip stick. Should the oil level be checked with the threads screwed all the way in or all the way out.

Randy

Old 08-14-2016, 11:36 PM   #4

Unthreaded and level
Old 08-15-2016, 07:35 AM   #5

I have always run mine with the oil level in the middle of the hash marks, with the dip stick just resting on top of the hole....not screwed in. Scooter on center stand.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:34 PM   #6

Thanks guys, I will go with the plug unscrewed. I have looked at several locations on the Net some say out and others in. The threads are about an inch long. That is a considerable difference in the amount of oil.

I went ahead and ordered a variator and new Kevlar belt. The valves were a little tight, so I reset them. I will be interested to see how all this effects the scooter.

Randy
Old 08-20-2016, 12:24 PM   #7

Well, I have done all the tune up/clean up stuff and I am not that impressed. I got the variator replaced, set the valves, cleaned the fuel system, fixed the brake drag, etc. The new variator solved the rattling problem. The acceleration is better, but still anemic. Top speed on the flat is @45 Mph. The speedometer says 65. It will run up to 40 pretty well. It has a hard time making it to top speed. It's as if there is some sort of speed limiter. There is still some throttle left, but if I go to max throttle the engine bogs down. I have featherd the throttle some and made it to 47 a couple of times, but it takes some finaggaling. Would one of those high performance ignition kits help out?
Gas mileage seems to be about 76 mpg, normal driving. Is that about average? I weigh @165 lbs, so I don't think I am overloading the scooter. I would think a 150 cc bike would give better performance.

Randy