Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 04-02-2017, 08:56 PM   #16

Hi, I just tested my moped for you with different air filter restrictions, (tape, less tape, even less tape, no tape) with even less tape and no tape it would rev all the way freely and then shortly die 20ish seconds in. Unless I blip the throttle a few times and it will recover. What kind of air filter do you run? If stock, my guess is correct and you need upjet main or clean the carb and make sure the float is working 120% properly, aka not a single piece of dust in the float valve. If that doesn't fix it, and you don't find any kind of vacuum leak, it's going to need a bigger carb. Few mm bigger and that should help your problem, along with potentially a little more top end.
-derestricted
-ported
-4g stage 6 rollers
-8 inch light bar
-rider mod; Balls; 140lbs

Don't ride faster than your angel can fly. He's a sore loser.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-03-2017, 12:58 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigrider View Post
Hi, I just tested my moped for you with different air filter restrictions, (tape, less tape, even less tape, no tape) with even less tape and no tape it would rev all the way freely and then shortly die 20ish seconds in. Unless I blip the throttle a few times and it will recover. What kind of air filter do you run? If stock, my guess is correct and you need upjet main or clean the carb and make sure the float is working 120% properly, aka not a single piece of dust in the float valve. If that doesn't fix it, and you don't find any kind of vacuum leak, it's going to need a bigger carb. Few mm bigger and that should help your problem, along with potentially a little more top end.
My scooter is 100% stock and I use the stock air intake. I took it off just to make sure it was clean, everything looked good. I can try to take the carb back off and actually soak it over night, that may get what ever little debris that is left out.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:37 PM   #18

Finally got around to cleaning the carb again, the scooter is still experiencing the same problems. I cleaned the carb thoroughly this time to. I guess I can play with the air filter some but the scooter seems to defiantly be running out of gas. After the scooter stalls I have to run the start for about 2 minutes before itll begin to run again which tells me the carb bowl is running dry.

Old 05-01-2017, 12:41 PM   #19

What is the proper way to clean the reeds? That may be my next suspect.
Old 05-20-2017, 04:17 PM   #20

I purchased a brand new carb from ebay, came with a pod air filter. I installed the carb and get the scooter idling, after many hours I am still unable to get the air/fuel ratio correct. Im beggining to think that the carb isnt jetted properly for the pod air filter it comes with...

Ebay link here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=1383407935020