Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > Free Classifieds > Wanted

Old 07-12-2017, 05:14 PM   #1

Honda Elite 250

My other choice, and probably the better one right now, is a Honda Elite 250, prefer the version that doesn't have the headlight that turns with the handlebars. Can travel a little bit to pick up, but within reason please. Thanks Mike

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-13-2017, 10:30 AM   #2

If memory serves me right, only 1991 models had a trunk under the seat. Those Elite 250's are getting HARD to find and almost all have a missing front bumper clip. I parted one out a few years ago. It was in great shape, just got ran out of oil! I know someone who has one but I haven't talked to him in awhile. He also has a sweet yellow Honda Big Ruckus. Both were for sale at one time. Will track him down because he may know someone closer to your area with a Elite 250 (he was the one who took my parts bike to rescue other Elite's). Also check the Honda Helix forums "For Sale" section since they share the same motor and fan base. Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 07-13-2017, 12:31 PM   #3

I have a couple found on local craigslist that I am probably gonna go look at. Have a potential buyer for my MC, so once its sold, I will be on the hunt and ready to buy. The 91's had the later style motor that laid down and made room under the seat for storage. Early models had same engine as the 86 Helix that I used to own had. Love that scooter, just want a bit shorter wheelbase and a bit more older styling. Would love a Stella or similar, but right now I need the power of the 250cc. Lots of Helix's in my area for sale as well, just not what I want right now. Mike

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-14-2017, 10:43 AM   #4

Stella's are freakin' RAD! I used to have a P200E Vespa and a Stella is the same basic scooter. I see you are asking about Stella's in the right place (I've owned 2 Buddy 125's). Oh, and the 2 stroke vs. 4 stroke Stella debate is always going to pop up. To me they are the same, just depends if you wanna smell 2 stroke with a bit more power over a clean and quiet 4 stroke. I would get a 4 stroke because I work with 2 strokes for a living and I dont want to hear or smell one outside of work for a daily ride. Just don't get a current automatic Stella. I have heard nothing but bad things about them. You sure love the retro look! Now if you want a new retro and you have a LANCE dealer around you check out the Lance Cali series with the 200i motor. Very nice price and quality. My friend has the Cabo 200i and I have been very impressed with it.