Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > The Dawg Pound

Old 01-28-2013, 11:45 PM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno711 View Post
I'll give you another "yuck"

Went to church this morning and had some of the coffee that I've been drinking there for years..Folgers....What a difference! I couldn't believe I'd been drinking that for years and actually liking it! lol

I suppose I never really knew what good coffee is suppose to taste like, until I tried freshly grounded French Press.... There's a big difference.
A good cup of Espresso with it own Creama from being shot out under pressure is another special joy too.

Tried Folgers once and had to wonder if it was actually coffee.

Another treat is to visit an Arabic family for Ahuey Arabie. Can be a social event where you site around for an hour chatting while passing around a brass coffee grinder that looks like a big pepper mill with everyone taking turns spinning the crank grinding up the beans fine like baby powder. The the grinder goes of to the kitchen and emptied into a special pot where the grounds and the water are combined and brewed on the stove. No filters and everyone gets some of the grounds in their cup. Drink it black or add some Lebanese Arrack.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-29-2013, 06:47 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockynv View Post
A good cup of Espresso with it own Creama from being shot out under pressure is another special joy too.

Tried Folgers once and had to wonder if it was actually coffee.

Another treat is to visit an Arabic family for Ahuey Arabie. Can be a social event where you site around for an hour chatting while passing around a brass coffee grinder that looks like a big pepper mill with everyone taking turns spinning the crank grinding up the beans fine like baby powder. The the grinder goes of to the kitchen and emptied into a special pot where the grounds and the water are combined and brewed on the stove. No filters and everyone gets some of the grounds in their cup. Drink it black or add some Lebanese Arrack.
Rocky....I see that you're really into this. I came across this video, and it's inspiring me to give it a try. I can see doing it for a special treats.

Also if I had to do it again, I wished I'd come across his Burr Grinder rather than the Bodum I purchased. There's not so much noise in the morning, and it's not as expensive.

[youtube]_7DPugzqt7o[/youtube]
Old 01-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockynv View Post

What do you think about this?

[youtube]-8-ZyyQy3hU[/youtube]

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno711 View Post
What do you think about this?

[youtube]-8-ZyyQy3hU[/youtube]
It won't get you a real creama however I do use them from time to time.

Prefer the stainless Bialetti to the Alziemerinium:

I have a few of each of these:

http://www.bialettishop.com/Espresso...nlessSteel.htm

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg