Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 01-13-2020, 05:59 PM   #1

Problems with my kickstart

Hey everyone,
I’m currently having problems with my TaoTao scooter. I have been having trouble with my kickstart and it’s been jamming recently, and just today I had to walk it home because the kick start pedal stopped working completely and seems to have no resistance to it, but still gets jammed when you kick it down. I’ll attach a video along with this, but please let me know if anyone has any suggestions. Thank you for the help. I have very little experience in motor vehicles.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-27-2020, 12:30 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgreen View Post
Hey everyone,
I’m currently having problems with my TaoTao scooter. I have been having trouble with my kickstart and it’s been jamming recently, and just today I had to walk it home because the kick start pedal stopped working completely and seems to have no resistance to it, but still gets jammed when you kick it down. I’ll attach a video along with this, but please let me know if anyone has any suggestions. Thank you for the help. I have very little experience in motor vehicles.

It’s the kick start assembly, could be the spring or kick pin assembly part worn teeth. You need to take it apart, probably grease some parts. Pic of what needs to be greased.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9926AF71-3425-454D-81D3-C177C4E83F05.jpg (19.9 KB, 1 views)
Old 06-29-2020, 12:08 AM   #3

its a combination of your spring gear and your crown washer take it off and inspect it may need some grease inside of where the actual kickstart lever slide into hole sometimes they get alot of shit in there and it will jam spiraticaly

Login or Register to Remove Ads