Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 02-01-2020, 07:52 PM   #1

Dellorto 17,5 jetting

Hey guys

Im nearly done with the project Im working on since 7 months now.
Its a Suzuki Katana AY50. I have swapped the stock cylinder with Malossi 70cc BBC, Stage 6 replica exhaust and a Malossi power filter. Both exhaust and filter are designed to work with 70cc kits according to the seller.
Im struggling to find the correct idle and main jet sizes for my DellOrto 17,5mm PHVA carb.
Currently Im running 32 IJ and 82 MJ and it wont even start. I know, both of them are too small, but I don’t know which sizes to aim at and work around them.
Can you guys please recommend me some general guide sizes, based on similar builds ? I searched the entire forum, but I could not find any useful information.

Thanks a lot : )( :

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by Bobolino; 02-01-2020 at 09:21 PM.
Old 02-01-2020, 10:35 PM   #2

Tuning Matters.com How To Quickly Determine The (Dell'Orto) Carburetor Main Jet Size. It will put you in the ballpark. Heck read into that site, super detailed! Get a box of fresh/correct spark plugs and do some plug chops. I use a CHT gauge on my builds. Cheap-o Trail-Tech brand. I forgot what I used with my last 70cc set-up on my Zuma bug-eye. I had a Malossi cast iron street 70cc and a Yasuni R, but I ran a 19mm carb with the stock airbox-just removed the snorkel. Ran great and was super reliable. I think my friend knows what base jetting's (dont forget the idle/pilot jet!) is and I will reach out to him. I have a 17.5 carb for my pre-bug Zuma but I'm going with a Malossi cast iron 50cc with a Yasuni Z exhaust. I have a Piaggio Liberty 150 for faster speeds.