Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 04-22-2020, 02:35 PM   #1

Flooding problems?

Hello, I've never posted in a forum before, but I am in dire need of some help. Let me preface this by saying that I have only ever had this issue in the mornings, when I am trying to go to work. I have a 2011 Eton beamer 50. Stock carb, air box, and exhaust. I start the scooter, which usually requires use of the choke, hit the throttle a couple of times and turn the choke off. As I am letting it warm up, it dies on me and will not start again. I try and try, no dice. I pull the plug, it has spark, but it is soaking wet with gas. When I get home from work, I dry off the spark plug, sometimes replace it, I kick start a few times to get the gas out of the combustion chamber, put the plug back in, and it starts up just fine, runs, idles fine, no problems. But the next day when it's time to go to work, same thing. I have tried every combination of, choke, start, choke off, slight throttle pressure to keep it running, but if it dies on me, which it usually does, I can't get it to start again. I try and try, nothing. At least not until I get home from work. Any time it does stay running and I'm able to drive it to work I have no trouble. And after work it starts right up with no choke. At this point I don't know what to do. It's got a brand new cylinder and piston kit, less than 200 miles on it, I know the carb is clean, I put a new ignition coil on it, I've got a new CDI on the way, but I have no idea why this keeps happening. Any help would be appreciated immensely. Thank you

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-23-2020, 12:35 PM   #2

Did you clean the carburetor yourself ? Sounds like a stuck float. That's the first thing coming to mind if you say that the plug is soaking wet in fuel