Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 05-13-2020, 10:47 PM   #1

ECU problem?

Hello
Maybe someone can shed some light on a problem that I am having with my 2004 Metropolitan. Last summer the headlight stopped working. I checked the bulb and it was good. The scooter still started and ran fine and all the other lights and horn worked as well. I did a little research and learned that it could be a problem with the ECU. Over the winter I started the scooter regularly and it continued to start and run fine. The day before yesterday I started it, ran it for a few minutes and shut it off. A few minutes later I tried to start it again and it would not start. It sounds like there is no spark. Could this also be the ECU? A local scooter mechanic told me if the ECU was the problem the scooter wouldn't even crank, nothing would work. Another mechanic said that the ECU could cause only the light failure otherwise allowing everything else to function normally. I'm confused. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.
Thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-29-2020, 12:58 AM   #2

check your ground wires and if you need a new cdi they are only 15 on ebay