Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2014, 08:39 PM   #1

valve adjustment Tao Tao 150

Hey. I adjusted the Evo's valves because I have 400 clicks. They were real tight, couldn't get a .003 in them. I backed them off to .005. Runs great but it seems to have lost some power. Also my TDC mark is way off. With the cam gear lined up with big hole on top, little holes and marks parallel with the valve cover mating surface, my crank is past the "TF" at the first line. But that's were everything rocked into place with the rocker arms loose on the valve stems and the camshaft right so that's what I used as TDC. Does this all sound right? The only thing I did different at the same time was fuel lines and a different coil. Now I paid a whopping 5 dollars for this "high performance" coil just so I could have a spare but there was nothing wrong with my original coil. I just figured since it said "high performance" I'd slap it on. May be a POS. She's real smooth and all though. Maybe it's just the lasagna from last night slowing me down.

Login or Register to Remove Ads