Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2016, 07:54 PM   #1

Pulling on carb solved engine die issue at throttle

Ok so I had a working scoot and all of a sudden I went to start it to take for a ride. Started fine. Idled fine for warm up then as I pulled from driveway and gave it throttle it would die. I would start it again and as soon as I give it throttle it revs and dies. After reading everything, it could be the valve clearance in need of adjustment. Maybe even a petcock. Perhaps a bad ignition cable, spark plug, CDI or even some other stuff with the carb. All those things except carb are new and have been replaced prior to issue. While I was ready to pull the carb out I notice the engine sounding better as I tugged on the carb between the two rubber intake and exhaust tubes. Then I said let me try giving it throttle as I pull a little up on the whole carb assembly. Sure enough it did not stall. I let go of the carb and checked the hose clamps and all and all seems tight. Once again fired up and gave throttle and it died. The I did same while slightly tugging up on carb or perhaps the airbox attached to the carb and it revs and spins wheel fine. It does not die at throttle when I tug a little on carb. Any idea what I'm dealing with here? Does position of carb or angle have effect on how things run?

Login or Register to Remove Ads