Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 11-09-2013, 01:22 AM   #1

After being spoiled by April a TaoTao will not come close in comparison . I had a TaoTao ATma " secret 63 " and it did perform better than most 50s with only lighter rollers (8g to 5g ) and a larger main jet . Well day two the piston cracked . I have had around 40 moped , dirtbikes to street bikes and never once had a piston failure . 6 Weeks later the piston erupted into many pieces . Being used to Hondas I learned my China scoot ( first China one ) was no where as good . I decided to do research on the China scoots since I only had Honda , Suzuki and some European rides and I joined the old SD . I had some one reply to my unhappy post suggest I get the AirSal 50mm BBK since I did not want another crappy 63 kit . When I took my scoot back to the dealer ( under warranty ) I told him about wanting the Air Sal kit . Well the scooter gods were smiling on me as he just had gotten in two of the kits . Man it was such an improvement on take off and up hill with the same top end that I was also told it may be the same . I could get there faster and let up off of throttle so I could keep the speed without being at WOT .

When I had 50+ miles on it a drunk guy on a 150cc wanted to race me . He said he would show me what a REAL scooter would do when the light turned green . Man I smoked him big time and it took him over a 1/4 of a mile to catch up with me . He was a little guy and I am 200 lbs . He just barely passed by very slowly .

When I bought the Echarm I wanted to sell the TaoTao . A friend of friend blew up his scooter and needed a running one ASAP . I let him ride mine and he had the cash in hand before he came to a stop . His scoot was a stock restricted one and he was very happy to get mine .

Login or Register to Remove Ads