Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 250cc +

Old 08-08-2015, 03:53 PM   #1

Roketa Jonway Linhai Crank Seal

That Machoman (Roketa Jonway) with the Linhai 260cc engine that I talked of in the Diamo Velux thread, I purchased it this morning for $200

Usual look over for a non running scooter, revealed the normal problems, as well as a bad rear axle and wheel assembly. Looks like the previous owner did very little maintenance, since the crank oil seal is leaking. Discovered that when I went to pull the CVT cover.

Does anyone know what the seal size is so that I can order it for quick shipment, before taking it apart. This is my first Linhai engine, so there will be a learning curve.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-09-2015, 06:06 PM   #2

Have to replace the horn. Stock is a 12Vdc, 3 Amp @133db. Think it would be wise to go as loud as I can. Listened to some vids on youtube for the Stebel horns. Found the dual tone @ Amazon at a good deal.
http://www.amazon.com/Stebel-Nautilu...N%3DB00CMX20H4

I like both the single and dual tone. Which do you like best?
Old 08-14-2015, 11:14 AM   #3

Removed the horn and opened it up. The contacts were corroded, so I cleaned them with a Snap On Flex File, then added RTV silicone on top of the gasket to keep out the moisture and recrimped it. installed it and it works fine.

Pulled the CVT apart, was expecting to see the crank seal leaking, but it was not, see photos. The grease is a moly lube coming out of the Engine Variator assembly.

Removed the final drive cover and the output shaft, as you can see the wheel splines are almost completely gone. Some parts sellers suggest that the shaft is the same as a gy6 150cc with rear disc, but this is not true on this Linhai engine. There is a taper from the outer bearing area down to the splines, on the GY6 150cc that I have seen this taper is not there.

Old 08-27-2015, 01:24 PM   #4

Have been trying to locate the parts for this scooter for over a week. The axle (#mc54b-250-15-08) from Roketa was $80 and a gasket (#mc54b-250-15-11) was $10-- far too high. I was almost ready to buy them but, could not even get a return call from Roketa.

More searching and found a small company out of Florida, ScootsUSA, had the parts in stock; axle $30 (# 122-27), gasket $4 (# 122-24). A simple call go them ordered and shipped.

Installed this morning, torqued the cover up and lubed. Cleaned up the excess Moly lubricant from the Engine Variator in the case. Reinstalled and torqued up the bolts, installed variators, and CVT cover. Everything works smooth, no excess friction.

Still missing the wheel I need. Hopefully I can find a trustworthy source. This is the only thing keeping this scooter in the shop and not being ridden.
Old 02-19-2016, 12:36 PM   #5

I finally located a wheel for it. I have been doing some tuning for a couple scooter repair shops that like my work better than theirs.

One of them had a Roketa that he was parting and gave me a wheel. Put it on, set the spacers correct and torqued it up. It fits and works fine.

Since it has been sitting so long, I decided to pull the carb apart and clean it. It was almost perfectly clean inside, even though I did not drain the fuel. The carb is a 30mm throttle bore.

The stock jet sizes were; main #115, pilot / idle #38. The enricher valve has an extra circuit wired into it from the factory, haven't figured out why yet. It is too loose in the carb, may need to add / replace the o-ring and seal. Also noted that the mixture screw is on the bottom of the throttle body, not sure how to adjust that while it is on the scooter.

While I was in that area, I looked at the plug, which was in finger tight only. looked a little rich, but that might be from starting it so many times and not really riding it.

Since my primary testing 63cc scooter was stolen, am thinking about protecting this one, which has an alarm, but thinking of adding another with a GPS and hiding it on the scooter along with a separate battery. Any suggestions?

Still need to source the windshield retainer set. The battery in it is a Duralast, buit think I will replace that with a Chrome Pro as they seem to crank better. The rear lamp is fogged badly, think I'll recondition it and then clear coat it-- any thoughts?

Also thinking of wiring in my XM Sat radio to it for traveling.

Soon I'll be ready for my first ride on it.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:03 AM   #6

This scooter since I bought it has always been lazy on starting (long crank times). It is definitely a fuel related issue. As this thread shows I rebuilt the crab after letting it sit, but it was clean which implied there was not enough fuel in the float bowl to start with.

I have checked and cleaned the float bowl drain valve attached to the CVT cover, thinking that it might be leaking overnight, but that is not the case.

The fuel filter is clean and flows freely so now I am considering the possibilities of gum / varnish build up in the lines and more probably the vacuum operated fuel pump as possibly not supplying enough fuel.

A good test would be some cleaner run through the system such as BG 44K, but that even correctly blended might do damage to the pump rubber parts. I use Lucas Top Engine Oil, but that is mostly an upper cylinder lubricant not a cleaner of gum & varnish.

Does anyone have a recommendation that they are sure when blended properly will not damage the fuel pump rubber parts, but might clean the potential gum and varnish?