Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 08-05-2013, 12:46 AM   #31

Dude why are you here? You must like showing off the new asshat that came with that pile of Harley. I invite you to try to keep my finely crafted Italian tail light in view on any mountain road. You ride a status symbol not a bike. Read any motorcycle magazine it will clearly tell you that Harleys are under powered, underbraked, heavy piles. Go find a Harley forum where you can learn more important things like how to properly wear your land pirate outfit...

Ban this troll already...

Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-05-2013, 01:47 AM   #32

I have worked in 2 different motorcycle shops, ridden more bikes than you have seen in person, rolled with real outlaw bikers (on a Japanese sportbike mind you) and I am the wrench of choice of more than one Harley rider and I believe I am qualified to say you are not a motorcyclist and your opinion does not reflect the opinion of a motorcyclist. Bottom line if your on to wheels you wave to other two wheelers. If you don't they assume you are either a snob, not in control of your bike, or ignorant.

- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

Last edited by scootnwinn; 08-05-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #33

I always thought it was strange that motorcycle dudes ,for the most part don't wave at scooter dudes.
When i'm on my street bike everybody waves and i wave back..........fast forward ,fifteen minutes later, when i'm on my majesty,to get some groceries and few wave back.......it's like : is it my after shave?...Do i have booger hangin' out my.....?
Oh well.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #34

I realized why this thread was going down hill...

No Pics

- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

Old 08-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #35

Hi
"I will not judge other bikers on their choice of machine, their appearance, or their profession. I will judge them only on their conduct as bikers".
If your a true biker thats your mindset, any thing else and your just a wannabe
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

Old 08-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #36

under power you say...........not mine...and yes they do stop on a dime..and yes if you wave i wave no big deal...thanks buford......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg corkys bike.jpg (74.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 971271_642762452420480_153946836_n.jpg (67.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 08-05-2013, 11:49 PM   #37

yes under powered. Unless you have modified the engine. Yes too heavy and under braked. Don't take my word for it though go read any review in Motorcyclist magazine. Or better yet take a spin on a sportbike. Sorry I actually do wish they were better bikes. They are certainly far better than they were 10 years ago and I hear the Vrod and the XR1200 are/were decent motorcycles. I won't dispute that they are pretty... Certainly not my kind of bike though...

- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

Old 08-22-2013, 12:15 AM   #38

alpha head nod ,
Old 01-10-2015, 04:42 PM   #39

I have been riding (motorcycles!) since I was 15yrs old! I am now 70! I'm serious here but I have noticed that in the "old" days , everyone waved! Now , hardly anyone waves.
Sign of the times? No one sticks together anymore! No wonder that "citizens" treat us as "crap" Irish
Old 01-10-2015, 05:00 PM   #40

I have had motorcycle riders stop next to me at traffic light stops and chat a bit.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:05 PM   #41

I would have to say I get waved back to 95% of the time. The non-wavers don't fall into any one category either. I'm talking when I'm on either scooter. Cruiser, Crotch Rocket, Touring, Adventure Bikes, Dual Purpose and Scooters, yes Scooters, have refused to wave back from time to time. Heck, I've been out on the 50cc bike and Jumbo Harleys and Gold Wings have returned the wave.
2009 MC-114 50cc Cub Clone- 4,317 miles
twowheeler.yolasite.com/

That's 30,049 China Scootin miles and Counting.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:14 PM   #42

"Judge not lest you be judged yourself" Irish
Old 02-04-2015, 12:17 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckizer View Post
The reason I sometimes don't do the wave to motorcycle riders who do it to me first is guilt. I'm afraid they are going to start waving, then feel cheated when the realize I'm on a scooter instead of a motorcycle. I'd love to wave, I love being friendly and wave at people in cars, and people in yards. I just don't want the biker to feel like I think my scooter compares. Even though I chose a scooter over a motorcycle and could have bought a motorcycle. I'm guessing most drivers are cool, but often around here it's hardcore gang style bikers that wave to me, just don't want to cheat them. Any motorcycle riders weight in?
Hey, they wave, wave back. Most motorcycle riders aren't a*holes. Most of them started riding on 50cc scooters or 125cc bikes and moved up. Most of them love the ride. Whether on my 250 scooter, or on my FJ1200, waving is waving. Even the hardcore gang style bikers ride because they love the ride. Anyone who looks at someone elses ride with a "my bike is better than your bike" attitude has their own problems. The ones I notice that don't wave are the flip flop and tshirt kinda riders. Keep the shiny side up...
Old 05-18-2015, 12:09 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
Hi
"I will not judge other bikers on their choice of machine, their appearance, or their profession. I will judge them only on their conduct as bikers".
If your a true biker thats your mindset, any thing else and your just a wannabe
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank
Touche Irish
Old 06-05-2015, 04:59 PM   #45

Up here in God's country, I wave to all scooters and I get waved at or a return waive from about half of them. I've never been waved at by someone on a bike. I don't take it personally, I just always thought it was a double-secret scooter thing. ;o)