Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 05-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #1

Do you only drive your scooter?

Do you drive your scooter 100% of the time or do you also drive another vehicle?

Right now, I only drive my scooter, even if it is raining. Of course, I try to wait until the rain has calmed down some if I can, haha.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-07-2014, 02:12 PM   #2

Hi
Mostly its one of my motorbikes rain or shine
But if I'm with her in doors or my grandkids or any passengers its one of the autos
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank
Old 05-07-2014, 02:43 PM   #3

I ride mine every day. I do not like driving a car at all. I only drive a car for long trips and even then I try to get my wife to drive instead of me.

Old 05-07-2014, 03:23 PM   #4

I am the only one who rides the scooter. More often than not it's the scooter or bust. I do share a 2012 Kia Soul with my wife.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:02 AM   #5

It's either my Tundra or the scooter, since it's about $75.00 to fill the Tundra, it sits as much as possible now.
Well until I scrap enough junk metal for my Elio, next year.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:27 AM   #6

About a year ago I was riding my scoot everywhere to do nearly everything. Now, do to circumstances beyond my control, I'm not allowed to ride. Hopefully we can clear that up soon and I can get back on the road.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndguy View Post
About a year ago I was riding my scoot everywhere to do nearly everything. Now, do to circumstances beyond my control, I'm not allowed to ride. Hopefully we can clear that up soon and I can get back on the road.
Hi
Oh no so sorry to hear that
You have have my best wishes and prayers that things work out
Take care my friend
Yours Hank
Old 05-08-2014, 11:37 AM   #8

I ride mine daily. I hate driving cars. I too let the old lady drive when we go places on the weekends.

Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing
Old 05-08-2014, 12:37 PM   #9

im lucky im in n.c cause I cant get my license back and we don't need one here 50cc
Old 05-08-2014, 12:39 PM   #10

mine rides to stiff,i wish it had a rear adjustment on the shock
Old 05-08-2014, 01:16 PM   #11

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwint51 View Post
im lucky im in n.c cause I cant get my license back and we don't need one here 50cc
Hi
I'm sorry to say that may change soon
http://www.starnewsonline.com/articl...CLES/130209612
As time goes by many states are reviewing their old scoot laws and changing them
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank
Old 05-08-2014, 03:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
Hi
I'm sorry to say that may change soon
Hank why are you sorry? I think it's good that people are required to be licensed to run a motor vehicle on the same road that I am on. I assume/hope that everyone out there is licensed, educated, and capable of responsibly operating the machines that are near me. I am generally an anti-government intrusion kind of guy but traffic laws just make sense. Beyond that if you have lost your license because you have shown your inability to operate a vehicle responsibly or for any other reason (like nonpayment of child support) then you deserve that and shouldn't be able to skirt the law by using a scooter. We wouldn't like the idea of anyone infringing on our rights to the road as a two-wheeled machine (cutting us off or crowding our lane) so we should respect the law as well. Beyond that since the majority of accidents involving motorcycles happen due to rider error, a thorough licensing and educational system is fine by me I like riders and wish them all a long life. Any way sorry to be contrary and thread jack this thread with a tangent but it is what it is.

Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing
Old 05-08-2014, 03:24 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootnwinn View Post
Hank why are you sorry? I think it's good that people are required to be licensed to run a motor vehicle on the same road that I am on. I assume/hope that everyone out there is licensed, educated, and capable of responsibly operating the machines that are near me. I am generally an anti-government intrusion kind of guy but traffic laws just make sense. Beyond that if you have lost your license because you have shown your inability to operate a vehicle responsibly or for any other reason (like nonpayment of child support) then you deserve that and shouldn't be able to skirt the law by using a scooter. We wouldn't like the idea of anyone infringing on our rights to the road as a two-wheeled machine (cutting us off or crowding our lane) so we should respect the law as well. Beyond that since the majority of accidents involving motorcycles happen due to rider error, a thorough licensing and educational system is fine by me I like riders and wish them all a long life. Any way sorry to be contrary and thread jack this thread with a tangent but it is what it is.
Hi Rob
I should have worded that differently
Don't get me wrong as I agree with all you've said
I was just trying to convey understanding and courtesy to the member of that post for being the bearer of bad news as it shall impact him and he shall not be able to ride any more unless he can get his license reinstated
To the OP my apologies as well for the highjack
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank
Old 05-11-2014, 10:03 PM   #14

I do most of the time, but I also own a car. When it is raining and in the winter I drive my car, but I prefer my scooter.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:37 AM   #15

Well the docs have finally released me and I should be able to ride every day moving forward. I just got to get used to it again after being off the bike for so many months.