Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 02-04-2013, 10:04 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to erictheviking666
Well it may not be safe, but you'll find when you get to Florida most people ride in shorts and sandals, especially in the summer time. Not saying it's right, but you'll pass out from heatstroke sitting on a bike stopped in traffic, on hot asphalt, in July in full leathers. It's just not always an option here unless you're on a long ride at continuous speeds without a lot of stopping. It's a chance you take some do, some don't but you can pass out from the heat sitting in traffic.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by erictheviking666 View Post
Well it may not be safe, but you'll find when you get to Florida most people ride in shorts and sandals, especially in the summer time. Not saying it's right, but you'll pass out from heatstroke sitting on a bike stopped in traffic, on hot asphalt, in July in full leathers. It's just not always an option here unless you're on a long ride at continuous speeds without a lot of stopping. It's a chance you take some do, some don't but you can pass out from the heat sitting in traffic.
Hi
Quote from rocky who lives and rides in florida
Originally Posted by rockynv
Huh? I live in South Florida and ride year round. I am a daily commuter and ride regardless of the weather. A decently ventilated light colored helmet and light colored mesh armor are cooler in the Florida sun than riding in shorts and a t-shirt.

Minimum here is full faced modular helmet, light silver CE Level 3 armored jacket with back protection, riding boots and carbon fiber armored mesh gloves.

It is too hot here to ride without the gear to protect you from the direct sun.

I was a non-believer until SilvreKat kept after me to amend my ways and now I see the light and know that the right gear makes hot weather rides easier to take.

Your bare flesh making contact on a Florida road can sear to it and be left behind in even a minor crash.
Theres never a good excuse not to wear riding gear
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank
Old 09-08-2015, 11:27 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by erictheviking666 View Post
I recently moved to Florida from N.H. & the thing that I worry most about is what is that heat doing to my air-cooled engine at those ridiculosly(sp?) long traffic lights! I have actually seen people riding with a full helmet , leather jacket , shorts & sneakers! Irish

Login or Register to Remove Ads